- content writing, ghost writing, developmental editing, line editing, publishing consultations, social media optimization
- line editing, proofreading
- content development, copy editing, proofreading
*Contact Barb via Facebook Messenger or email her at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- copy editing, proofreading, research, fact checking
- developmental editing, line editing, copy editing, proofreading
The letterers Collective (formerly Karan & Co. Author Solutions)
- ebook & print formatting
COVER DESIGN & GRAPHIC DESIGN
- author branding/logo design, custom covers
- premade & custom covers, swag, author branding/logo design
- premade & custom covers
DO-IT-YOURSELF GRAPHIC DESIGN
Pablo by Buffer is the most basic image-editing site I’ve encountered. Simply choose an image and add your text. Boom. You’re done. You can make a graphic in less than one minute. With PicMonkey and Canva, you can create anything your imagination dreams up. However, while these two offer many more features than Pablo by Buffer, they require a lot more practice for efficient use. Also, certain features require payment. All three sites offer templates to accommodate various social media requirements.
Don’t forget: If you upload a photo to one of these sites, make sure you own it or that it’s in the public domain (copyright free). For more information, check out this post about Making Your Own Graphics.
BOOK PROMOTION SITES
Use these sites to introduce your book to bloggers before and after it is released. Services you can sign up for include:
- Cover Reveals
- Trailer Reveals
- Book Blitzes
- Book Tours
- Review Queries (find bloggers to read and review your book)
- Social Media Blitzes
- New Release Countdown Graphics Packages (The Letterers Collective only)
MORE BOOK PROMOTION SITES
These sites are for when your book is on sale and you want to advertise to readers. Click here to read about my experiences with some of them. BookBub is the most choosy and costly, but they offer the best results BY FAR. You can also click the logos to be taken directly to each individual site. For a more comprehensive list of promo sites, courtesy of Simon Denman (Founder of Readers in the Know), click here.
BANNERS & SWAG
- retractable banners, magnets, clings, stickers
*My retractable banners are 78″ x 33″ and they came with standard stands and convenient carrying cases. Set up is extremely easy and takes less than a minute.
- custom lip balm (TONS of flavors are available)
- bookmarks, business cards and holders, coasters, decals, magnets, pens, rack cards, return address labels, stickers, cloth table runners/banners
This site is hosted/powered by WordPress. They offer free hosting and different levels of support depending on the package you choose. (I pay for premium as well as for my own domain via G Suite.) WordPress also offers dozens of free, customizable, mobile-ready designs and themes.
You should also check out this comprehensive list of The Best Website Builders, courtesy of John Stevens. Variables that are compared include: cost, speed, uptime, design options, flexibility, add-on options (and associated costs), ease of use, and quality of support. I’m extremely impressed with the time and analysis that went into compiling this extensive list.