Note: Entries will be accepted from May 1 – May 31. One entry per person. Duplicate entries will not be valid. The number of eligible entries received will determine odds of winning.
In honor of International Chick Lit Month, I have joined a group of fantabulous chick lit authors who have all agreed to create playlists for their books. Thank you for stopping by to check out the playlist for Click Date Repeat!
As you can see, this is a pretty eclectic group of songs. From hip hop to rock to reggae-inspired, these songs span decades. How did I come up with the list? It was easy because all of these songs are mentioned in Click Date Repeat!
Enjoy! And don’t be shy, tell me what you think. Which song on my book’s playlist is your favorite?
Remember, Chick Lit Rocks!!! 🙂
EVENT GRAND PRIZE: People who comment with their favorite song, full name and email address will be entered for a chance to win a one-pound package of caramels from Whitney’s Goodies! (**U.S. Participants Only**) You can enter up to 20 times by visiting each author’s Chick Lit Rocks post and commenting! Entries accepted until May 19, and the winner will be announced on May 20.
The winner can choose from the following flavors:
Ready to rock on? Check out the Chick Lit Rocks playlists created by these lovely chick lit authors!
Laura Kenyon|Gina Henning|Lauren Clark|Laura Chapman|Jennifer Farwell|Bethany Turner|Clodagh Murphy|Stacey Wiedower|Tracy Krimmer|Jillianne Hamilton|Kristina Knight|Jennifer Collin|Whitney Dineen|Maggie Le Page|Karen M. Cox|Rachel L. Hamm|T. A. Munroe|Heather Balog|Serena Clarke
Don’t forget to comment on your favorite song from each playlist for multiple chances to win a one-pound package of caramels from Whitney’s Goodies!
These days, finding love online is as commonplace as ordering that coveted sweater. But back in 2003, the whole concept of internet dating was still quite new, with a stigma attached to it that meant those who were willing to test the waters faced a fair amount of skepticism from friends and family. Such is the case for Chloe Thompson, a restless 20-something tired of the typical dating scene and curious about what she might find inside her parents’ computer. With two serious but failed relationships behind her, Chloe isn’t even entirely sure what she’s looking for. She just knows that whatever it is, she wants to find it. Based loosely on author K. J. Farnham’s real-life online dating experiences, Chloe’s foray into online dating involves a head-first dive into a world of matches, ice breakers and the occasional offer of dick pics, all while Chloe strives to shake herself of the ex who just refuses to disappear. Will she simultaneously find herself and “the one” online, or will the ever-growing pile of humorous and downright disastrous dates only prove her friends and family right? There’s only one way to find out… Click. Date. Repeat.
Please help me celebrate the release of my new YA novel Don’t Call Me Kit Kat!
Date: Thursday, May 21 6:00-9:30 PM (CST)
* Enjoy giveaways from the following YA authors:
Calista Smith – Author | Casey Bond | Evelyne Stone | Erica Cope-Author | Jo Michaels | Kelly Hashway-Young adult, middle grade, and picture book writer | Author Kristin Albright | Author Michele Tucker | Rachel Barnard, Author | Stacey Nash |T.H. Hernandez
* Invite your friends to the party for a chance to win a $25 Visa Gift Card! (Awarded to the guest who invites the most people.)
* Participate for a chance to win a collection of some of K. J. Farnham’s favorite YA novels.
*Even if you’re unavailable from 6-9:30, please join the event. All of the giveaways will remain open until midnight!
Visit the event page on Facebook for more information. Hope to see you there!
I’m pleased to announce that Click Date Repeat has been awarded a place on the Awesome Indies list of quality independent fiction. Hooray!
- “The Awesome Indies showcases great stories that are well written and engaging. Our books step outside genre boundaries to offer you something different. We are the unique voices of independent fiction.” Tahlia Newland, founder.
Criteria for Approval:
- The book is correctly formatted for fiction;
- The cover looks professional;
- The plot is well structured, well paced, conceptually sound and engaging;
- The characters are well developed and their dialogue and interactions with others are believable;
- The book is not overwritten or unnecessarily wordy; for instance; no obvious dumps of information, unnecessary repetition or irrelevant scenes;
- Changes in point of view are clear;
- The prose is well written and engaging. Where appropriate for the genre, voice and intention, the story is shown rather than told and the writing active rather than passive;
- The book has been line edited, copy edited and proofread, and the grammar, spelling and punctuation usage is consistent throughout.
If you haven’t read Click Date Repeat yet, click here to get the Kindle version for just $0.99!
Most Recent 5 Star Review from Books, Chocolate and Wine!
In her twenties, Chloe has everything sorted in her life, family, friends, career, her own home, everything that is except her love life, on the recommendation from a co-worker Chloe decides to give online dating a try.
From the first hilarious and disastrous date, I thought that this was going to be a light hearted humorous look at online dating, but what you get is so much more. This felt more of an insight into someone’s life. Yes there were funny and disastrous dates, but I was also taken on the emotional roller coaster that coincides with dating.
Chloe’s biggest problem was listening to her mother and two closest friends conflicting advice, often caring more about their opinions than her own. The book also raises so many issues, such as the stigma of online dating, how being perfect on paper does not always translate in reality, how we are all to some extent shallow and are concerned with looks.
I can’t help but feel that most of the main characters were based on real people because of the way they are conveyed, they are not perfect, they all have their flaws and yet the group blends together to create something very real and easy to relate to.
I was not ready for this book to end, and immediately looked to see if there was a follow up, I wanted to know more of the characters and what became of them. This book was both well written and well edited, if there were any editing flaws I was too caught up in the story to notice them. This book deserves a very easy 5 stars.
A little about indieBRAG, LLC and the B.R.A.G. Medallion:
- “Our mission is to discover new and talented self-published authors and help them give their work the attention and recognition it deserves.”
- “All ebooks brought to the attention of indieBRAG, LLC are subjected to a rigorous selection process. This entails an initial screening to ensure that the author’s work meets certain minimum standards of quality and content. This initial screening may involve a review of sample chapters available on Amazon.com (or other on-line booksellers), or portions of the nominated ebook. IndieBRAG, LLC reserves the right to reject an ebook during this initial screening assessment for any reason in indieBRAG, LLC’s sole discretion. If it passes this preliminary assessment, it is then read by members drawn from our global reader group. They judge the merits of the book based on a comprehensive list of criteria, including: plot, characters, dialogue, writing style, copy editing and cover/interior layout.”
- “On average, 50% of the books submitted to us fail to pass the initial screen and another 40% are subsequently rejected by our readers. Thus, only 10% of the books we consider are awarded our B.R.A.G. Medallion and are presented on our website.”
Finalists were chosen by a panel of independent reviewers, and winners will be chosen by public vote.
Thank you for your votes!
Hi all! I’m kicking off the New Year with a giveaway. One paperback copy of Click Date Repeat is up for grabs!
To enter, you can either like the giveaway post on the Click Date Repeat Facebook page OR follow my blog. (I rarely post promotional stuff–mostly book reviews and personal tidbits.) If you do both, that counts as two entries!
If you are already a follower of this blog (Thank you!😄) and would like to enter, then you can either like this post or let me know by commenting.
The winner will be chosen by a random draw on Monday, January 12 and will be contacted privately for shipping information.
Good luck to all entrants!